...and there was a dress...and a hurricane :/
I think we all have that one piece of clothing we wanted to get into when losing weight. FOR ME, its a prom dress! Through high school I was 170-200 lbs. At 16 I set around 180 lbs. My Mom said she would buy me any dress I wanted for prom, but the one catch was that it had to be one size smaller than I currently was. So my mom bought me this $500, gold, JLo inspired dress in a 14! Sadly, that was not enough motivation to help me lose weight. IT NEVER FIT, FROM DAY 1. I ended up wearing this black n white dress OF MY MOMS (wah wah!) N hated the whole experience. Throughout the years I Carried it with me with every move, kept it n the back of my closet, for 9 yrs. About two yrs ago (when I was 295) my thigh wouldn't even fit n it n I almost got rid of it because it depressed me. It was a physical symbol of my failure. I put it on today.... AND IT FIT!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can accurately describe in words how amazing that felt, how rewarding, how proud! My hea...
Hey, just wanted to add a few things after that.
ReplyDeleteI spent some more money today online at Old Navy for the cyber deals! Ended up getting $100 off $275 when it was all done, so SUPER excited to save! I bought 3 pair of running pants, 4 running tanks, 3 new lacey tanks, some ugg lookin' boots, and a shawl wrap cardigan thing! Plus I got mom some stuff too!
Oh and my gazelle, protein powder, bento lunch box, and SF FF syrups all shipped today so I shall have them soon, hooray!
Oh and wanted to share a funny moment. When we got the tree all put up over the weekend and then when we plugged in the lights and everyone was standing around...just as the lights came on....wait for it.... I said "halllllllllll a lu ya" bahahahahaha! it was too funny! I know i mispelled it, hehe!
A half marathon - that is awesome! Now that is dedication! I am so not ready for that, just got back into my spin class! If you guys keep inspiring me like this, it might not be too long...
ReplyDeleteYou Rock :)
congrats girl! 1/2 marathon is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteIt made me cry on the biggest loser the girl that got voted off ran a 1/2.
Yea for the 1/2 marathon!!!!
ReplyDeleteA 1/2 marathon. WOW! You are an inspiration. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeletethanks ladies! I know it's possible! Let's all believe in ourselves a little more!
ReplyDelete