I think we all have that one piece of clothing we wanted to get into when losing weight. FOR ME, its a prom dress! Through high school I was 170-200 lbs. At 16 I set around 180 lbs. My Mom said she would buy me any dress I wanted for prom, but the one catch was that it had to be one size smaller than I currently was. So my mom bought me this $500, gold, JLo inspired dress in a 14! Sadly, that was not enough motivation to help me lose weight. IT NEVER FIT, FROM DAY 1. I ended up wearing this black n white dress OF MY MOMS (wah wah!) N hated the whole experience. Throughout the years I Carried it with me with every move, kept it n the back of my closet, for 9 yrs. About two yrs ago (when I was 295) my thigh wouldn't even fit n it n I almost got rid of it because it depressed me. It was a physical symbol of my failure. I put it on today.... AND IT FIT!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can accurately describe in words how amazing that felt, how rewarding, how proud! My hea...
Yeah liz!!!!! So exciting! Two quick things 1) Saw your comment about updating my ticker..I'm trying to only do that on Mondays (my official weigh in day) 2) I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I was born in Mesa and lived in Tempe until I was 15. My mom actually lives in Phoenix - in Encanto. Small world!
ReplyDeleteWow! It is a small world! I love mesa. Some of it has gone to crap in the last few yrs but it's home to me now. I'm originally born and raised Arkansas girl but I've lived here for 9 years now, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love that we rarely get rain and 90% of the time we have clear blue skies. The heat isn't that bad to deal with.
CONGRATS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeahhhh! Great news!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are looking great! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog. The only problem, is that the colors you post with sometimes are wayyy too light. They blend into the background color too well and I have a really hard time reading them. They also, put me to sleep! Because my eyes are constantly trying to refocus! lol