I think we all have that one piece of clothing we wanted to get into when losing weight. FOR ME, its a prom dress! Through high school I was 170-200 lbs. At 16 I set around 180 lbs. My Mom said she would buy me any dress I wanted for prom, but the one catch was that it had to be one size smaller than I currently was. So my mom bought me this $500, gold, JLo inspired dress in a 14! Sadly, that was not enough motivation to help me lose weight. IT NEVER FIT, FROM DAY 1. I ended up wearing this black n white dress OF MY MOMS (wah wah!) N hated the whole experience. Throughout the years I Carried it with me with every move, kept it n the back of my closet, for 9 yrs. About two yrs ago (when I was 295) my thigh wouldn't even fit n it n I almost got rid of it because it depressed me. It was a physical symbol of my failure. I put it on today.... AND IT FIT!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can accurately describe in words how amazing that felt, how rewarding, how proud! My hea...
Holidays or even a small break are expensive.. so I hear you there.. and yeah it does suck.. so much! Maybe buy yourself something cute or pretty to make up for it? (I know I would!!)
ReplyDeleteI think that's a fabulous idea. I did just buy 5 new tops from old navy like 2 wks ago, oh and a new dress. Maybe I can go for a pair of jeans this week! Hmmm... got me wanting to spend money!
ReplyDeleteGood choice and good for you for recognizing that!
ReplyDeleteYeah well just b/c you recognize it doesn't mean it hurts any less. I've been daydreaming about the sound of the ocean and the feel of the ocean breeze on my skin ever since we went 4 wks ago. Hmmmm, I miss it. I think I'm going to buy one of those sound machines that plays waves crashing on a beach. So relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxing!
ReplyDelete