I think we all have that one piece of clothing we wanted to get into when losing weight. FOR ME, its a prom dress! Through high school I was 170-200 lbs. At 16 I set around 180 lbs. My Mom said she would buy me any dress I wanted for prom, but the one catch was that it had to be one size smaller than I currently was. So my mom bought me this $500, gold, JLo inspired dress in a 14! Sadly, that was not enough motivation to help me lose weight. IT NEVER FIT, FROM DAY 1. I ended up wearing this black n white dress OF MY MOMS (wah wah!) N hated the whole experience. Throughout the years I Carried it with me with every move, kept it n the back of my closet, for 9 yrs. About two yrs ago (when I was 295) my thigh wouldn't even fit n it n I almost got rid of it because it depressed me. It was a physical symbol of my failure. I put it on today.... AND IT FIT!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can accurately describe in words how amazing that felt, how rewarding, how proud! My hea...
CRAP! Off to read the article!
ReplyDeletehaha, Thanks Nella!
ReplyDeleteAwww my little sweet - tell the scale to go to HELL! You're doing all the right things - but everyone has "I feel fat" days regardless of doing everything right. Don't give up!
ReplyDeleteYou're building muscle, so that's gonna replace some of the fat you're melting away and slow the loss as far as pounds go. I know you know this, but it never hurts to hear it again. Just keep at it, you're building a metabolism boosting foundation that will help you coast through the next 20 lbs of fat even when you're not busting your ass quite so hard!!
ReplyDeleteI just found you through Steph. Didn't realize you were going to Chicago. Me too!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's ok to have a shitty day every once in a while. And you use my fav F word but I'd go with your second choice-Workout!! And girl you are not back at 295.
Thanks for the support on my lack-luster day!!!
ReplyDeleteThat scale may be stuck but your still losing inches. Thats a good thing!
ReplyDelete